What if we told you there is a way you can help to feed the hungry and you don't have to do anything more than what you are doing today? Want to know more? Then read on.Â You can declare a Will Work for Food TM Day in your place of work any time you like. All you need is the poster and the sign-up form that you can download from this page.
Here's how it works:
- Poll your co-workers or employees to see if there is enough interest to declare a Will Work for Food TM Day in your place of work
- Name a team leader or coordinator for Will Work for Food TM Day
- Download this poster to display in common areas
- Download this sign-up form so people can specify how much of their hourly wage they want to give and how many hours they want to donate (for example $5/hour X 4 hours). Read more about how to use the sign-up below.
- At the end of Will Work for Food TM Day your coordinator collects donations from participants and forwards it to the CFSA in any one of the three ways indentified below.Â
- We have the connections to use your donation to leverage sixty times its value in food to feed hungry Newfoundlanders and Labradorians.
Getting the Most out of your Will Work for Food TM Day
- Make your Will Work for Food TM Day a regular event: Hold it once a month, once a season, or once a year.
- Another option would be for your company or your employer to match the donation raised in the workplace.
Using the Sign-up Form
On the sign-up form there is space, for each person who signs up, to indicate how many dollars per hour of work they'd like to donate and for how many hours.
Whatever suits her or his budget.
For example one person might decide to donate $5 an hour and another might donate $10 an hour, for one hour for a total donation of $5 or $10 OR they might decide they Will Work for Food TM Day with a donation of $5 or $10 an hour for the whole day.
Getting Your Donation to the CFSA
At the end of Food Sharing Day the Food Sharing Leader collects the donations. There are several ways you can forward your donation:
- Donate online
- Contact the CFSA to arrange a pickup. Please call 709-722-0130 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail money order to the Community Food Sharing Association
21 Mews Place, P.O. Box 6291, St. John's, NL A1C 6J9